Woolclassing Notes 1950 by Wingfield Rural Training School
Woolclassing Notes 1950
Commonwealth Rural Training
Wingfield Rural Training School, 1950, hardcover with red cloth boards
Good Condition, a little edge and shelf wear, a little rubbing and bumping to edges and corners, some rubbing and soiling to covers, previous owners inscription on title page, staining to end-papers (see photographs)
"These lecture notes will be taken in order, the object being to deal with the subject from the time the sheep are shorn till the wool leaves the factory in the form of fabric. The order of the lectures will be as follows:
1. A study of the wool fibre
2. The necessity for grading wool
3. Glossary of terms and definitions
4. Worsted trade standard counts.
5. Principles on which wool is graded.
6. Preparation of the fleece.
7. Classing of a large Merino clip.
8. Classing of a super Merino clip.
9. Classing of a large Cross-bred clip
10. Classing of large Come-back clip.
11. Classing of a small clip.
12. Completion of clips.
13. Classification of different breeds.
14. Wool valuing.
15. Wool scouring and carbonizing.