A Dwelling-Place at Bethany
The Story of a Village Church
by H. F. W. Proeve
H. F. W. Proeve, 1983, [First Edition], ISBN 0959259503, black and white photographs, illustrated laminated boards, hardcover
Very Good Condition, minor edge and shelf wear, ex-library with stamps and tape residue on front and back end-papers, award plate pasted to front end-paper, borrowing tag attached to rear end-paper, stamp to side for-edge, (see photographs)
From the Foreword:
This history has been prepared at the request of the Bethany Church Council and is published to mark the centenary of the Herberge Christi Church. It is the story of a church and village originally called Bethanien but since 1918 officially renamed Bethany - a nomenclature which is reflected in this book according to the form applicable at the time.
The original manuscript for Dr. Alfred Brauer's book, Under the Southern Cross,contains a more extensive chapter on Bethany. This has been of great value, as Dr. Brauer, a grandson of Pastor H. A. E. Meyer, was able to tap the memories of early settlers. The new research on the pioneers of the congregation and the village has been based o widely scattered sources contained in the State and Church Archives."