A History of the Port Adelaide Central Mission
by Brian Dickey and Elaine Martin
Port Adelaide Wesley Centre Incorporated, 2009, b/w photographs throughout, paperback, ISBN 0646382772
Very Good Condition, a little edge and shelf wear, a little rubbing to edges and corners, a little creasing to cover, presentation plate attached to inside front cover, minor bumps to corners, (see photgoraphs)
'This is the story of a congregation of Christian people who, in searching for new ways to attract members to their church, created a powerful agency of service to the community. It is the story of a journey from Methodist congregation to welfare agency - 'building community'
The story is located in the northwest region of metropolitan Adelaide, focused on Port Adelaide. Wesleyan Methodists first worshiped together at the Port in the 1850s. The Port Methodist Church transformed itself into a Methodist Central Mission in 1919. This Port Adelaide Central Mission continued and extended its work, from 1977 as part of the Uniting Church.'