The 10 Bushcraft Books by Richard Graves
The 10 Bushcraft Books
by Richard Graves
Dymock's Book Arcade, ISBN 090982424, illustrated by author, black & white photographs, hardcover
Very Good Condition, First?
'The 10 Bushcraft Books" is, as the title suggests, literally all ten of Richard Graves' "Bushcraft Handbooks" bound together as a convenient single volume, perfect for slipping into your rucksack.
The only complete volume of Richard Graves' work available today.
The term "Bushcraft" describes the activity of how to make use of natural materials found locally in any area. It includes many primitive skills, and to these are added modern skills necessary for survival such as time and direction and the provision of more modern camp comforts and equipment. The practice of bushcraft develops in an individual a remarkable ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment. Because this is so, the activity is a valuable counter to today's specialisation, and it is particularly significant in youth training work.
The author of "The 10 Bushcraft Books", Richard Graves, is a member of the Irish literary family of that name. He is also the author of:
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Ropes and Cords"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Huts and Thatching"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Bush Campcraft"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Food and Water"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Fire Making"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Knots and Lashings"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Traps and Tracking"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Snares and Traps"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Travel and Gear"
- The Bushcraft Handbook "Time and Direction"
An essential preliminary for rescue is survival, and it was for this purpose that the notes for these books were written. These notes were later revised and prepared for a School in Bushcraft which was conducted for nearly 20 years.'
We Also Recommend
Gustav Klimt - The Founder of the Vienna Secession (adult colouring book)